There’s nothing quite like an official day dedicated to drinking. It removes any guilt from an early afternoon (or late morning) cocktail on the weekend. And we’ve got a great one on Saturday with Hot Buttered Rum Day!
Most of the country has experienced exceptional cold this year, and we’re in the dead of winter now. So a mug full of Hot Buttered Rum is the perfect treat for a chilly Saturday. If you’ve never had one, what better time to give it a try? It’s a company favorite that the boss often whips up on snowy afternoons. They’re absolutely delectable. Trust me.
Here’s a recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse via FoodNetwork.com:
Ingredients (serves 4-6)
- Dark rum
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Pinch ground cloves
- Pinch salt
- Cinnamon sticks for garnish
- Whipped cream for garnish
- In a bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt.
- Refrigerate mixture until almost firm.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the mixture into each mug.
- Pour 1.5 – 3 ounces of rum into each mug.
- Top off the mugs with boiling water, stir well, add your garnishes, and enjoy!
If this recipe seems like too much work, but you’d love to try the drink, check out our Collins Hot Buttered Rum Mix which only requires hot water and rum!